My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Magic Of The Awakening

The way I have been choosing topics for posting is by researching, reading or thinking about stories about magic, then looking for ways to use this in daily life. What some people call miracles other people call magic. Whatever the term, when a magical event happens it is a wondrous beautiful change. I recently saw a dear friend awaken to sobriety. It does seem like a miracle. That made me wonder about my own life. What do I need to awaken to? Better health practices, i.e. more exercise, more of a focus on my writing, and more attention to my dear relationships. Of course there may be more but those are the ones that need an awakening to. When an awakening happens there is a lot of spiritual energy involved. In many stories the magician will awaken an object to powers beyond its current state to do some deed of goodness. When the princes in the stories Snow White and Sleeping Beauty kissed the heroines they brought the princesses back from a death like sleep. In each of those examples, about the magician or the prince, the awakening seems sudden. But in reality the time had to be right. So how does the wise magician awaken herself? First comes a readiness. Light comes into the room, plenty of sleep has been enjoyed, or something like that starts the awakening process. Help may be needed, some sort of alarm, medical help, encouragement from friends. When consciousness comes you may not be fully awake. Sit up and stretch and make sure your muscles are ready for use. Read this as a realistic instruction and a figurative one. More may be needed in order to bring about the needed focus, a figurative cup of coffee. Before the sleep began there was some acceptance of the need for the eventual awakening. Then, when the awakening takes place, the benefit of this new state must be realized. Many things have been making my friend appreciate his new sobriety. I must look for ways to appreciate the awakening I am trying to bring about for myself. I actually have been trying to exercise more and I am seeing some benefits. This will keep me going. Duty is a very dry or boring taskmaster. Magic is a better one. I think I must make sure and get some zing into each of my awakening projects. More sharing of my writing, especially the humorous pieces. Perhaps some new clothes to exercise in. Getting in touch with friends and family has a wonderful zing to it all by itself. I suggest you look at your life, the dry part especially, and see what new day you can awaken yourself to. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment