My magic castle

My magic castle

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let Magic Find You

Recently I was feeling that edginess that makes me want to feel a spark or magic, to be aware of the sacred that mixes in with the mundane in our world.  I was at work so I couldn't go make a phone call or listen to music or do anything to draw magic to me except in my thoughts.  I let my mind wander in search of joyous thoughts.  I thought how nice it would be to visit with my favorite three year old little boy.  Suddenly I no longer had to search for magic.  It had found me.  Not only did I experience the joy of love for that child, I was also open to an understanding of the resources that humanity has.  Each person has the ability to love and feel that life is sacred and divine.  So I say to all wise magicians that you do not always need to seek to work magic.  Magic is and it will seek and find you if you will be still and allow it to come to you.  Part of the need I was feeling for magic came from several days of observing a co-worker who causes discomfort to others because of her problems with her ego.  I was musing on how shallow humanity might be and how I wondered about inner resources people may have.  After I had felt the joy of magic I became reassured that an appreciation of the spark of magic, an awareness of the sacred, is possible.  Magic to life is like salt to food, it is a wonderful flavor enhancer.  Later I spoke to the man who is the brunt of this woman's jibes and I again felt the spark when his eyes lit up at my gift of understanding to him.  I saw I had added to his sense of self-hood.  That also gave me a lift.  So, if you need a bit of magic today, be still and allow it to find you.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment