My magic castle

My magic castle

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Magic Of A Name

For the last couple of days I have been getting some tech support for my computer from a wonderful company called iYogi. The main technician and I had several fun conversations about life and such and he told me that a Yogi was a religious person who devoted himself to good works and that the many technicians in that company feel like they are in a service brotherhood. They certainly gave me good service. I marveled at the care and patience of the technician and that was when he mentioned the meaning of their name. I then began to think about names. I've never been able to be too crass or rowdy and I think my mother telling me that Donna meant lady had something to do with that. Sports teams try to find a name that will draw fans to them. Companies often consider, or should, the impact their name will have on their customer relations. As a wise magician you can use this power that names have to motivate yourself and draw things to you. Perhaps you have a project that needs some zing added to it to help you get it done. Think about giving it a name. That might give your project some cohesiveness and a certain amount of importance that will help in getting it done. In our family we had an unlovable fridge for a couple of years. Getting a better one was a major project,(choosing, measuring space, knowing all the features we needed, getting it delivered and setting up, paying for it). Once it was in the kitchen and useful to us we found ourselves giving it a name. It was a useful, attractive, member of the family, so it deserved a name. As a wise magician you can consider the power of naming. Use it to give a little extra help or zing to your life. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment