My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Magic is a Verb!

The other day I told some people about my blog and referred to 'magic' as the action of bringing good things into one's life.  Today I was feeling kind of blah, therefore in need of magic, but hadn't decided on any action I could do.  Then I read an e-mail from Rick Hansen about 'taking in the good'.  That is when you focus on a good fact then bring it into your psyche by feeling good about the good fact.  That brought me to several good thoughts and I discovered that the appreciation of the magic around me, in opening up my being to it, had worked magic.  I was feeling pretty good.  Suddenly the thought occurred that 'magic' was both action and being, as is a verb.  I work as a tutor for Community College of Denver.  I prepare applicants to the practical nursing program for the TEAS (test of essential academic skills).  Therefore I often have to point out the functions of different parts of speech, including verbs.  I am now feeling delighted to have a bigger definition of magic.  It is the actions you do to bring good into your life.  Magic is also found when you go into a state of being, when you appreciate that which is around you.  Sometimes, before you are able to act you have to become free of the blahs.  Gratitude and appreciation is a wonderful way to free up your spirit.  So I suggest to all wise magicians: If you are feeling the blahs and don't know how to act to bring good energy into your life, don't act right now.  Pause and open up to the glory and good that is around you.  When Joey, our dog, wanted to go out just before daybreak, I was a bit put out at first, but as I sat in my office chair, waiting for him to come back inside, I saw the eastern sky start to get some color.  I realized Joey had given me a gift.  I really do love to watch the sun rise.  But I almost missed it this morning.  Magic is all around us if we let it in.  May you be able to act to bring magic into you life.  May you be able to be to let magic into your life.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment