My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, February 3, 2013

There is Magic in Reminders

For a very, very long time people have been reminding themselves of things.  In the Old Testament of the Bible there is a passage that says to wear blue tassels to remind yourself to do good.  Strings around the finger, notes on a calendar, alarm clocks, wake up calls are some of the ways we remind ourselves to be responsible.  But I am proposing a higher type of responsibility today.  I believe we are responsible to ourselves to love and encourage ourselves.  I believe that self appreciation is magical.  I have created what might be called an imaginary friend that I call a SHOM or Shoulder Mom.  She sits on my shoulder and tells me how wonderful I am and what a good person I am for trying to do things.  I suggest to all wise magicians out there that you could also create a way to further your self appreciation.  Perhaps you might just go over the good you have done during the day, or appreciate the pitfalls you have avoided every evening.  The possibilities are endless.  Remind yourself that you are wonderful and resourceful.  Do this often and well.  It will make your life more magical.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment