My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Magic Is The Soul Of Things

I have been doing some mentoring of other writers. Each one was having trouble making their work well-formed and putting life or zing into it. When we applied the principle of magic to these works they seemed to be much easier to write. I told them that magic is the driving good in something and that seemed to help. Sometimes we feel down because we feel that we have not lived a purposeful life. But with everyone that I have worked with we have found consistent patterns of behavior that showed these people that they were actually being true to certain values all along, they just didn't realize it. A purposeful life is more satisfying than one of fame and notoriety. We are just finishing up Women's History Month. Women like Harriet Tubman, Florence Nightingale and Clara Barton come to mind way before Lady Gaga. The first three accomplished great things and had a lasting legacy because they poured their heart and soul into their work. They were the judge of how well they were doing, not other people. So if you feel that you are lacking something in your life, look to your values. If you appreciate beauty make some beauty appear somewhere. My flower beds are blooming now because my daughter took the time last year to plant more bulbs. I appreciate the beauty every time I step outside. If you value good manners be a role model whenever you can. If will rub off on others. You are bringing magic into the world in little ways and that can lead to bigger things because goodness ripples outward. Remember, your soul is that part of you reaching out for good in your life. So make magic happen, express your soul's desires. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment