My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Magic Of The Soul

Soul is a term that means different things to different people. So I must start off by telling you what soul means to me. It is that part of your inner self that is always trying to guide you to something transcendent, something better. Once, a long time ago, I sampled a certain substance. I thought to myself, "How smart this makes me feel." It was my soul that came on strong and gave me the thought, "But I am smart. I don't need something else to make me feel that way." I was never tempted to try anything like that again. The inner strength that our ancestors showed in coming to America, crossing the plains, building railroads and cities was not easy. It demanded a lot of inner resources, of faith in their ability to solve problems. There is magic in turning to yourself and your community to solve problems. They get solved. Whether the problem is a matter to be dealt with on a personal, community or national level the wise magician believes that a good outcome is possible and should be searched out. We have to option of operating from love or fear. If we love our fellow man we will try to help them. If we fear them we will try to protect ourselves from them and control them. Money is often used to influence fear based outcomes, as in when large sums are thrown into the political arena to give certain groups power (and tax breaks). If you become aware of your inner resources you are more able to stop running around mindlessly and begin to build a satisfying and purposeful life. Every one has strong resources. Not everyone knows that or has learned how to use them. The field of magic that surrounds you is there to help you discover and use your resources. Reach out. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment