My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Magic of Purpose

For several months I have been studying the field and practice of public speaking. Part of what I had to do was to identify the subjects I am most passionate about and know about. The speeches I will write will not be children's imaginative stories. But I realized that I understood my purpose in what I write as fiction in a better way. In fairy tales and movies that involve magic we often see a magic want whipped out on the spur of the moment to do a bit of magic. But that brief bit is part of the bigger purpose of what a wizard is all about. The wise magician must be prepared and know what he/she means to do in his/her life. So take some time and explore your passions and values. It will make your connection to magic that much richer and more effective. Whims are passing fancies. The good life, one enriched by love and magic is deeper and long lasting. So reach out to the magic that surrounds you and discover your purpose. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment