My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nag to Zen, Vulture to Peacock

I remembered that I had read a definition of magic as the ability to change perception at will. I was really feeling in need of a bit of magic to help me walk more. But all I could do was nag myself about it and feel guilty. I felt like there was an ugly vulture sitting above my shoulder. Then I remembered that I could change perception at will. I knew about the alpha state that is part of the Zen consciousness. So I aligned my body in a better way and began to walk in a Zen way. It was much easier. The doctors say it is very important that I get a lot more movement into my life. Now I have learned that when I am feeling nagged I can change that to an opportunity for a Zen experience. The ubiquitous vulture can become a bird that hangs around just as much but is more beautiful, a peacock. If you have a situation in your life when you are nagging yourself see if you can find a way to re-experience. Maybe paying bills is something you hate to do even when you know you have plenty of money for it. Rethink the whole thing. Maybe each check you write can be a statement of your abundance, a celebration of your ability to maintain and even improve your lifestyle. They say that if you have a rock sitting on your chest it makes it hard to breathe. But if you lift the rock up and down you find that your are developing good muscles that help you in your life and the rock is no longer impeding your breath.
So look for those little nagging feelings as a way to gain a higher type of experience and improve your life. Reach out to the magic that surrounds you and improve your life. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment