My magic castle

My magic castle

Friday, May 6, 2011

Magic Words

Abracadabra, shazam, and hocus pocus are some of the magical words that come to mind as I mull over the use of mantras and magic words. I particularly like hocus pocus because it makes me think of all the magic that comes to one when we change our focus. I find myself saying "Shine and glitter, and all good things. When I say hocus pocus and change my focus I'm delighted with what the magic brings." So many times when people are locked in a mal content mind set, whining and failing to appreciate the good things life has to offer they really are bringing a bad life on themselves. If they would just try giving up their neurosis and shift their focus to one of appreciation, possibility and gratitude their life would drastically improve. Perhaps you have some word that helps you shift focus, that helps you bring magic into your life. Perhaps you need to develop such a word. Sometimes a word, idea of memory can help a person survive terrible times. Victor Frankl wrote a book called 'Man's Search For Meaning'. Thinking about his loved ones helped him survive the holocaust. Then he went on to inspire many, many people to look for meaning in their own lives. The words we think or say are a choice. You are free to use words that help you love, inspire others, give yourself courage, play, appreciate life. Words to have a power. Use them to reach out to the magic that surrounds you and bring good things to your life. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment