My magic castle

My magic castle

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's Magic the Way the Body Learns

I just read about a study done in Europe  featured in the journal, "Science".  It says that the brain releases dopamine when it is receiving cognitive training.  I interpret that to mean that the brain likes to learn. It learns a skill and rewards itself for it.  Another thing that also prompts this post is a small break through in my battle to regain some mobility.  I have been telling my body to be aware of and learn how to walk and get out of my chair better.  I have mostly been focusing on the positioning of my legs and knees.  I don't want to stress my arthritic knees.  For several days I have been noticing that the way my feet are involved in getting out of the chair is an improvement. The balance is much better.  I didn't know to direct them, but the body figured it out.  I believe the body has wisdom that we all to often forget about.  We know when we need to hydrate, but we put off that glass of water while we do just one more task.  I suggest to all wise magicians that you consciously tell your body to go ahead and bring magic into your life.  Then you allow awareness of that when it happens.  You will probably avoid certain situations, substances and people.  You will sleep, eat and drink when needed.  You will move.  You will laugh and sing.  Be of whole body and mind.  Be your magical self.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment