My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Magic Tent

  A magic tent will throw itself up around you to protect you from distress and despair, sometimes without you even realizing it is there.  I have noticed this phenomenon in some of the people I am mentoring.  They may have chaotic lives but their sense of purpose and their dedication to their cause, or nurturing their creativity, seems to carry them calmly onward.   When a magician has a magic cloak it is a gift that is used deliberately.  I have only noticed this thing I call a magic tent recently.  I imagine a wise magician could deliberately use a magic tent.  They could develop an attitude or belief that there is safety and comfort in standing by your beliefs and gifts.  It is wonderful the way the magic tent is so portable. Virginia Woolf is famous for many literary ideas.  But one main one is that for a woman to be able to write successfully she needs money and a room of their own.  In other words, a woman's life is so full of demands that it is rare for one to have the comfort and space to devote to writing.  A room of one's own is wonderful.  Now that I have a room dedicated to my own purposes I have been happier and more productive.  But I do believe that there is an aura, or magic tent that travels with a wise magician.  Believe in your mission and magic will try to give you shelter to carry your mission out.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment