My magic castle

My magic castle

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Magic of Animals

Old tales are full of magic helped along by animals.  Perhaps the ancients knew something we could use but we dismiss it as fantasy.  Yet animals have been part of human life for a very long time.  They must have a practical use.  But suppose there is more to it.  Suppose animals help us do more than herd our sheep, or rid ourselves of mice.  Suppose we can learn valuable life lessons from animals.  For the last week I have had unusual stresses in my life.  Then a bit of magic came my way  in some e-mails from a friend.  I was reminded of the way cats approach life.  They sleep when they will.  They don't worry about past or future.  They have a way of stretching away their kinks.  They adjust their actions to the task at hand.  They love to play.  They try new things. They know the importance of their tactile senses.  I decided that I would meditate on 'catness'.  This "being cat" was a marvelous form of stress management.  I believe other animals could teach me much about life as well.  I say to all wise magicians that it is a good idea to learn from all situations and all creatures.  When there is nothing we can do, then do nothing. Stretch and find a spot of sun.  Chase a leaf.  Ask to be petted by a loved one.  Bring magic into your life from every situation and every direction.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment