My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Your Magical Domain

We all have a magical domain that we have created.  I invite you to visit my domain so that you may be more aware of your own.  The most magical room in my home is my studio/office.  I have put effort into having access to the tools I most like to use.  These are my computer, my electronic keyboard and my piano.  There is also a telephone in here and books and writing materials.  I have a great love of color and so the walls have a color on them that is known as sweet tea.  More red than brown.  Light and plants are important to me.  I have the outside door open and I look out into the yard from time to time.  I take delight in the way some of the tomato plants believe they are a jungle.  Pictures and objects are in here that also help me feel at home.  Since magic is well formed I have put a lot of effort into having storage such as cupboards, files and shelves that don't intrude but have items that I may want at hand.  This is my physical domain.  A domain is also your ways of processing your ideas and choosing your actions.  My daughter called me from the hospital a few minutes ago and I pushed my cane against the door because nurture was trumping nature just then.  The yappy dogs next door were commenting on things and I wanted to hear every word she said, as well as her nuances.  I will probably do a fair amount of cooking and cleaning today because that will help me feel more in control of my life.  It will bring me a bit of security and comfort.  I will also take time to bring a bit of zing into my life.  I woke up planning a post for my other blog, www.delbert'sgossip.blogspot.com.  That is a honey bee commenting on the world of my novel that is a retell of the fairy tale Thumblina. My magical domain is made up of love, work, play and keeping discomfort at bay.  I also reach out to encourage others to do the same.  I repost on Facebook anything that pushes sanity, clear thinking and humanity. Joy is possible.  Even if it is fleeting.  I say to all wise magicians that I hope you have or will create your own magical domain. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment