My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Magic of Not Mom But Namaste

Some of the understanding about magic that I share with you I gain from studying tales from the past about the use of magic.  Then I interpret them for modern day use.  Other times my insight comes from from my own life.  Sometimes I get a boost, an idea or something helps me do things to make my life better.  Today's post is about an aha! moment that is sure to help me.  I have been a mom a very long time.  My oldest daughter was born in 1960.  My basic stance has been one of deep love but directed towards her, not one that took my needs into account very much.  Recently she has been having some problems with anxiety. She has a mixture of concerns such as taking care of me as well as herself.  If I simply reassure her that I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself I will be denying her some of her healing.  I realized that the idea of namaste will be helpful.  Namaste refers to the idea that 'I recognize in you the divinity that I recognize in myself'. I believe it will bring a bit of magic to both our lives if I step away from the 'mom' role and explore whatever she wants to explore.  I might even learn better ways to care for myself.  Maybe I will buy some red shoes.  I don't live in a world where I would get much use out of a red hat. So I say to all wise magicians: Roles can be helpful.  But it may be good magic to explore your roles to see if they are preventing needed closeness.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment