My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Magic of The Question

My last post was the "Magic of the answer". Many times when I get a magical answer I already know what I am asking for. But at times we may be down and frustrated and feeling stuck. At times like this a magical tool is "The question". If we ask even a simple question like "What am I feeling?" or "Why am I feeling so edgy?" we are taking steps to identify and solve our problem. This sets in motion certain dynamics. When we focus on something we want to find out what it means. When we give a meaning to something we are then called on to take action. For instance, if I am feeling blocked, then I ask myself questions about that feeling I may discover than I am missing the zing of being creative. Then I realize that creativity is of great value to me. The next step is to find ways to express my creativity. But I have now realized that creativity is one of my values. So I will find ways to share my belief system about the importance of creativity and try to nurture creativity in others, or spread the word of the importance of creativity to life and society. The art of asking questions of our self and others is an important art to develop. You do not want to come up on some one who is trying to learn something and ask them, in a spirit stifling way, "What are you doing?". It might be better to say something like, "I see you are very busy. Would you like to share with me what you are learning?" Learn to use questions to draw magic to yourself and to give magic back to the World. 'How' questions are good for that. How can I make courage an exciting trait to develop? How can I celebrate my values? How can I stop comparing myself to others, and appreciate my unique strengths? It may even be okay to ask 'How can I get what I want?'. By asking this question in this way you are admitting that you are the one to take responsibility to get what you want, and that you do have desires, needs and wants. Don't feel guilty about wanting things. That is a natural human trait. But do go on to the next step--after focus comes a decision about meaning. What do those things mean to you? Then you will fall into asking yourself, perhaps only quickly and subtly, who "you" are. But you are on the way to a greater self nevertheless. So I suggest to all wise magicians that you realize one of the magic wands you have is the ability to ask questions. Question well and wisely. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment