My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Magic of Me Chat

I couldn't quite go with "inner dialogue" for a title.  It sounded too heavy.  Magic is light and quick.  Even when the result is profound and it takes a while it still feels light and quick. So I chose Me Chat as the term for magical self talk.When you do talk things over with yourself you get a lot of good benefits.  What you perceive and learn becomes processed more fully.  Dialogue is a good term.  When two people are in dialogue they do interact on a deeper level than when they are just making small talk.  But I think that we tend to chat with ourselves on a rather constant basis.  When we find ourselves dwelling on something overly much, the little chatty part of ourselves will often come in and point that out to us.   Me Chat helps us when we are at a standstill, it helps us when we have had a set back, it helps when we are trying to energize ourselves for productivity.  Me Chat is the tool I like to use to get centered and not go off the rails.  When I feel angry or irritated Me Chat helps me identify the problem I need to deal with--why am I irritated and how do I fix it?  I feel blocked, irritated, hunting for answers a lot.  But I don't like to ever feel hopeless.  My chatty self is with me on that.  So I ask questions and lightly chat back and forth, even acknowledging when I do feel hopeless.  Somehow talking things over with my inner self has been magical for me.  Ideas come pretty easily now and they are often a good solution for things.  So I say to all wise magicians that if you feel a need for magic you should talk it over with yourself.  Good things will come to you.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment