My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Magic of Waiting

Recently I was in a situation where I had some information that I really had to be careful about whether I passed it on or not.  It wasn't totally mine to give because of how the other person might take it if it came from me.  It was in matters of the heart.  I held on and held on, having faith that my friend had a good enough sense of self and would get at the truth of things by herself.  I was rewarded for my waiting.  I had faith in myself and my friend.  I was there for her when she needed to use me as a sounding board.  But it was hard.  Some of the time I was hurting because I was afraid she might be hurt and I wanted to turn to her for solace. Now that the light is coming through I can reflect on the whole situation and compare it to others.  I do believe there is magic in having faith.  It is good to believe that good is possible and that it is okay for it to manifest.  It is deadly when you can't believe that.  Sometimes, after a test, when the results are not yet known, a person will awfulize to the max.  That does no good.  The test taker may or may not have done well.  They can take comfort in knowing that they tried.  Also they can praise their self for being ready to deal with the results.  If they have to take the test again, they can do so and do better next time.  If they did well they can go on to the next step.  Life is frequently a collection of "hurry up and wait" moments.  If you have gone into your inner place of magic, if you know yourself and your values then waiting for the good is not so hard.  Because you are good, you are magic and you have acted on that, therefore you have done something to bring that into the world.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment