My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Magic of Working Harder

I doubt I could count how many times I have heard the saying, 'Work Smarter Not Harder'.  But I have noticed that the time some people spend trying to figure out how to work smarter takes so long that if they had been willing to work hard the task would have finished a long time ago.  Another point I want to make about working 'harder' is that some things just are hard.  Ornate or complex projects do take a lot of time and effort.  I was watching a special on television last week about animal homes.  Birds weave or assemble complex nests with only their beaks and claws.  Wasps, bees, and many more animals spend a lot of effort and time putting together homes that do the job a home needs to do.  These animals are smart enough to know that some things are hard but that you might as well hunker down and do the work that is needed.  I do know that humans can sometimes put a lot of stupid energy into things.  Drying every surface of every bit of stainless steel silverware is one such thing. Magical working harder means to be willing to put in the right kind of effort in the right kind of way.  That also means putting in as much time as is needed.  November is coming up and writers are often encouraged to put out massive efforts at writing a book in that month.  It is a reminder that in order to write a book you do have to sit down and hit those keys.  So I say to all wise magicians: Work as hard as you need to bring good things into your life.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment