My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Magic Of Accepting Your Power

At one time in my life I was in a situation in which I was needed way too much--or so it seemed. I felt I had way too much power. I felt that if I rocked the boat or asserted myself a little it would cause disastrous results for the other person. So I hung in there way beyond what was necessary. Until I had to rock the boat a little, that is. Then the other person made some needed adjustments and things were better forever after. I wished I had been more willing to realize that I did have actual power to make changes earlier. But it was a lesson well learned. I have been aware of power and influence ever since. And I have been able to develop some skills along those lines. I would now speak to the wise magician. The wise magician does not have to hunger for the magical properties of a wand to shore up personal weakness. The wise magician knows himself or herself to be able to gain clarity about needs and desires and to think up ways to gain those needs and desires. Sometimes it is as simple as asking that they be met. Other times it is good to point out to the other person how they will benefit from meeting those needs. The people in the Middle East who decided they had the right to better government then decided they had the power to bring about better government were using their personal power. They worked with others and toppled dictators. This may have seemed impossible in previous years. But, when people accept that they have power to cause change the Universe works with them to bring that change about. Become clear about the changes you want. Accept your power to work for those changes. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment