My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, August 22, 2011

Magical Transfer

There are many magic wands. One that you can use to motivate yourself or even to get new ideas is to transfer the feeling of success from one project to another. Or the feeling of commitment can transfer from one thing to another. I came across a story I'd written years ago in my files. It has a strong feeling of "I want to share this" attached to it for me. I was feeling resistant about getting a current work rewritten and submitted to my critique group. I took a little trip to my passion about this old story and captured that drive to use to get myself in gear for this current work. Just like standing near a warm stove can warm your chilled body, so can putting your thoughts near other memories warm your drive to succeed. When your 'can do' belief is weak remember all the myriad of things you have achieved. Transfer that feeling of success back to what you are facing and you will feel more able to succeed at the current task. Not only can you transfer the 'can do' beliefs, you can also transfer the 'I want to' drives. Just like madras plaids, designed to have colors bleed into each other, or walking near a waterfall to feel the mist, there are times when it is good to share an aura or special field of something to bring that experience to something else. Reach into the field of magic that surrounds you and bring it back into your life to help you craft the wonderful life you deserve. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment