My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Always Remember: Magic is Well-formed

That magic is well-formed is one of the basic principals of magic.  I recently became aware of the importance of this when I was working on something and it just wouldn't fall into place.  I was feeling anxious about it and considered dropping the whole attempt to work it out.  But I kept at it, tweaking here and there and then trying different things to get the result I wanted. However,  the attached anxiety made it very hard to hang in there.  Then suddenly everything fell into place.  I not only felt satisfied with what I had done but I also felt strong in my sense of purpose.  As I looked back over the hard time I had endured I realized that the nerves had been a signal to me to keep on keeping on, that I had not yet reached the well-formed point. When I did reach well-formedness I was at peace.  Wise Magicians, professionals and craftsmen all all have this in common: they know when something is right, when they can take pride in it and  they are willing to continue to work until they have the result they want.  After this experience I feel more confident that I can weather the storm in trying to work on creative projects, that I can endure the feeling of chaos and doubt, and that I will eventually prevail in creating a well-formed work of magic.  Magic is what you do when you want to bring something better to your life.  Sometimes 'good-enough' is acceptable.  But if you set out to work magic, to create something fine in which you can take pride, you must follow that inner drive until you feel that sense of peace in doing what you set out to do.  If you remember that the energy of magic that surrounds us wants to work with us, then you can hang in there during the tough time.  They say it is always darkest before the dawn.  Reach out to bring good into your life and do not fear that it may be difficult.  Good wants to come to you.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment