My magic castle

My magic castle

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Magic of Watching Over

I've been waiting for the subject of this post to become clear to me for a couple of days.  On Tuesday I was driving along a residential street near my home and made a sloppy stop at a stop sign.  I was careful to look in all directions and I did put my foot on the brake before I proceeded.  But the policeman who pulled me over said it wasn't a full stop.    I only got a verbal warning and went on my way.  But I was aware that I hadn't been in tune that well.  This morning, on the same street but not yet to the stop sign, someone cut over to enter that apartment complex and I had to slam on my brakes.  I was alert, possibly because of the incident the day before, and I was able to avoid a collision. My thoughts became focused on how we have to look in all directions to watch over ourselves.  During the day I had to watch over myself in different ways.  I had to manage my moods. One example: I've been learning how to make videos from my brother and I tried to e-mail one I had done to him.  I was like a kid showing off to the kindergarten teacher.  But I didn't have it in the right format so he couldn't read it.  He e-mailed me back and told me what to do. After I had taken a big sigh I followed his instructions and was able to send it. A video I do plan on developing is to help students who have to deal with test anxiety.  I hope to be able to help them help themselves, or watch over themselves, so they can take certain tests that determine being able to get into careers of their choice.  Thinking of how nervous I got just having to face things I had to improve ( and learn how to do that several times today) made me feel sympathy for the students I work with.  They have to learn bigger chunks of subject matter and their tests are bigger.  So I hope to help them really pull up the self-nurturing ability they have in themselves.
Another thing that drew me to this subject at this time is that tomorrow (March 8th) is Women's Day. Many women find themselves in the different roles of watching over others.  This can be joyous.  I remember how wonderful it was to look in on my babies as they slept.  Watching over others can also be a burden.  When it becomes a burden we must develop our ability to administer self-care.  We can burn ourselves out if we don't.
I now want to bring up the idea of the field of magic that surrounds us that I like to talk about from time to time.
We don't have to go it all alone.  When you watch over another person or situation there will be others who are on your side.  If you allow it, there will be opportunities for this watching over to become joyous.  When you watch over yourself the same thing will happen.  Let your aura of awareness move away from a narrow focus on your goals.  That driver who nearly hit me was too narrowly focused on their goal of getting into that apartment complex.  But they were blessed in being saved from harm by my awareness.  Perhaps my stop the day before was meant to prevent the accident that could have happened today.  All I know is that it is good to be aware of your environment in many different ways.  Work you magic by watching over you world and your life.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment