My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Amazing Magic of the Self

Sometimes the most amazing insights about magic come from the most mundane sources.  I was reading an article about being resilient but I wasn't finding it very well-written so I was about to put it down.  It mentioned a person's inner resources and I started to ponder on that term.  I decided to make a list of inner resources a person might have.  I started with listing things like 'the ability to know when things are right', 'the ability to know when things are wrong', 'the ability to persuade others to help you' and so on.  When I considered how hard it actually is to learn to walk and talk and how people learn that willingly, I knew I was on to something.
People naturally have and develop a myriad of resources.  I stopped my list after I had covered two pages.  I sat back in amazement.  People are probably a lot more capable than we  let ourselves realize.  We learn from our mistakes.  We learn from our successes.  We learn from others.  We learn from imagining things and trying them out.  I suggest to all wise magicians that the next time you are feeling less than capable you break off that chain of thought.  Remember all the capabilities that you do have.  Maybe you just need to approach things from a different angle or get another teacher.  Another resource you have is the ability to comfort yourself and to hope.  Let the energy of the magic that surrounds you give you courage to believe in and appreciate yourself.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment