My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Magic Of Sparkle

The people of Disneyland know about the importance of sparkle in motivation and marketing. Calling their theme parks 'The Magical Kingdom' adds to the lure. You can add the same sort of lure to your endeavors if you plug in 'add some sparkle' to your own mind set. I was having some trouble motivating myself to do some 'tie up loose ends' work in my writing. Then I asked myself which principles of magic I could use to help myself get in gear. I realized that throwing a bit of pixie dust on my work would help a lot. It wasn't that hard, I just had to shift my focus a bit. My stories are imaginative and fun for me to create. But editing, tweaking and such was not. I shifted back towards enjoying the stories and that gave me the sparkle to do the more mundane work they needed. Polishing my work will end up giving it more sparkle. I just had to remember that. Now I can take my pixie dust and sprinkle it on other things. When I exercise I will make sure I have the best music I can set up to help me. I will arrange my plate for my nutritious meals with all the color and flair I can manage. I will make sure I am comfortable when I pay my bills. I will add all the magic and sparkle I can to my life. The other night I was able to spend a couple of hours in the company of my favorite one year old boy. He flirts, laughs, chatters and plays with a great magical quality. Every wise magician could learn from this boy. He draws goodness to himself by his sparkle. I suggest that you look around you and identify the places in your life that can use some sparkle and add it. Music, humor, color, taste, companionship, hope, are all part of the sparkle you can add to help you have a better life. You can even make up games to help you cut out the negative things that will hover around. The energy of magic is there for you to use. Don't hesitate to take advantage of that. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment