My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Magic Of Counter Spells- Part One

A lot of adults have a good time watching Harry Potter movies so you may have noticed that each year Hogwarts school must have a teacher who instructs in 'Defense Against The Dark Arts'. In these classes the students are taught about counter spells to protect themselves from evil. In our own life there will be times when dark things, (anti-magic) such as stress, hopelessness and insults come at us. Counter spells to block or shield us are good tools to have. Sometimes we find ourselves telling someone "Don't go there." or putting up a hand or finger to stop them. But that doesn't always work. We need to have more than one 'interrupter' to use. Not only must we be able to interrupt the darkness that comes from without we must also be able to interrupt the darkness that comes from within. Today's post will focus on a counter spell that interrupts the darkness that wells up from within. Bad habits, dark moods and pain can be interrupted by a simple technique known as tapping. I have mentioned this before but I will go into more detail here. There are certain points or meridians that correspond to the ancient Chinese medicine points of acupressure. The ones most often mentioned in lessons about 'tapping' are: on the top front of the head, the inner point of the eyebrows,just under the nose,just under the lower lip, the outside of the hand, on the bone just under the middle of the eye, at the base of the throat on the collarbone, just inside the shoulder bone joint where it connects to the front ribs. There are other acupressure points and they can also be effective. At times I have had to interrupt dark moods or deep pain within myself and I have found it to be effective to tap on any point of the body that seems to call out. Tapping is what it sounds like, a tapping with the fingers. Usually you will find you are using the middle two fingers of either hand. As you tap you will speak a 'spell' something like this: 'Even though I have this problem (you can state the problem) I accept myself totally'. In cases of dealing with pain I have found it helpful to chant, 'even though I have this pain I accept healing'. As you work to make your life better you may have to push away or interrupt the bad. Reach out to the magic that surrounds you and learn how to do this. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment