My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Magic of a Good Cause

A cause can energize you, help you grow, bring amazing things (people,experiences,ideas) into your life and even help you be more organized.  The last, being more organized, makes me chuckle a bit.  But I have often not been quite sure where next to direct my energies.  I have known many other people in the same boat. Organization is good.  The last couple of weeks I have been more focused on my own cause of "the importance of expressing our inner genius and taking on challenges to do this." My cause has met another cause
that meshes with it. I have been helping a friend, who is blind, get ready to take a cross country walk to gain attention for hope, resiliency, and better acceptance of the "right of the disabled and returning veterans to be heard". As "Steve Modrak, The Blind Guy Who Cares" demonstrates over and over again how he can do so many amazing things by touch I become more sure that every one of us does have an inner genius. I know that some causes that call to people can be dangerous to others. Terrorists and extremists have their causes. But a wise magician understands the need to care, to respect, and to think of the bigger picture when they take up a cause. I do believe that The Blind Guy Who Cares does have a good message: we are happy when we reach out to follow our dreams, we can do much more than we realize, that people who appear disabled might have surprising gifts to offer.  Therefore I have enjoyed and benefited from trying to help him get started on his walk for his cause. I suggest to all wise magicians that if you are feeling a lack in your life find a good cause that gives
meaning to your life and more magic will flow into your life.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment