My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Magic and The Monsters Under The Bed

I had a friend that told me he had met his demons. I observed his life and saw that his demons had met him as well and overcome him. I had another friend who told me he had met his demons but this friend seemed to be more of a wise magician. He seemed to be able to use certain magic principles by instinct to keep himself going. That made me think about magic enough that I even stuffed some of my demons successfully out of the closet and into the cold. What principles did we use? Let's look at the ways magic and demons cannot co-exist. 1) Magic is well formed. Fears and anxieties are not. When the light of magic shines on baseless or overinflated anxieties they are seen to be the mere shadows they are. 2) Magic is created from your own rich inner resources. There is nothing stronger than that. As long as you maintain control of your self-power no demon can take it from you. 3) Magic is the ability to change perception. Look at how many writers, film makers etc have made a fortune from putting form to monsters. Shrek is a movie that made money for the producers enough they had to make sequels. One man's monster is another man's chance to laugh. 4) Magic teaches that tools are there to use and that anything you can think of can be a tool. Monsters are helpless against good tools. Like self-nurturing and forming good relationships. A good friendship can get you through many a dark time. 5) Magic teaches you to protect yourself, with a cloak, athane, wand or whatever when needed. Being prepared for an encounter is a wonderful protection. You can create your own protections. 6) Magic teaches you to retire and heal or strengthen when needed. 7) Magic teaches the importance of enjoyment. Good sights, good food, warm fires, love, laughter, and satisfaction with a challenge well met are all things that will make the monsters under your bed curl up and blow away with the dust bunnies. Because seven has been thought to be a magical number I will stop the list there. But magic teaches more than I have listed. It teaches whatever you, as a wise magician, can discover. Go forth and battle your demons. Then fan them away for the dust they are with a swish of your magic cloak. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment