My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Need For Magic

Life is fragile. We are fragile. We are often torn between conflicting drives and desires. Sometimes the gap between duty and pleasure seems enormous and frightening. In order to move along our path of making life better for ourselves we really need to hook into the help of magic. Magic adds fun to duty. Magic is a bit richer and fuller than simple pleasure. For several days I was so full of energy about the New Year resolutions I had made that I was sure that I would be instantly and totally successful at reaching my goals in those areas. Then the reaction set in. I wondered how on earth people could get a good idea and hold on to it long enough to bring it, or any idea, to fruition. I was reading stories about a group of journalists in the San Francisco Bay ares called "Storytellers for Good". They make videos of good things and good groups around the bay area. That takes work on their part and work on the part of each of the groups they film. For me, when my ideas and dreams started to fade, I knew I had to reach out for some special energy to glue them together and envision them more firmly for myself. The people I have told about my dreams and have encouraged me, the goals and plans I have set were talismans for me. If any of your good dreams are getting harder to define reach out to the realm and energy of the magic that surrounds you now. Find talismans, spells, wands and portents to encourage you. Your dreams are important. Hold on to them. Let magic help. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment