My magic castle

My magic castle

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Magic As A Help When You Are Searching

Once I had a job as a waitress at the Denver branch of the CIA (culinary institute of America). They had just taken over the old Petroleum Club and all of its equipment. There was one big room with glassware, silverware, uniforms and many other things. Several times, when we were getting ready for special dinners, the maitre 'd would ask me to go find a certain utensil for the table.
Each time I would go in that room and come back with the boxes of silverware he needed. Did I mention that there was little organization or method, just stuff piled where it could be piled? My boss claimed I had some kind of 'finding ESP'. I have often thought that if a thing can be found I can find it. But I would call it the magic skill set rather than ESP. I believe I use these principles of magic to find things. Magic does not set out to fail. Magic looks for patterns, distractions that can be seen through and anomalies. Magic sees the larger whole in the smallest part. Magic is not rigid about the tool but instead focuses on the purpose of the tool. Thus if one tool can't be found another can and the job will still get done. Magic is willing to search in many ways, directions and from many perspectives. When the wise magician sees that mood is interfering with the search he knows it is time to rest and renew. Magic is willing to redefine the search. Magic expects to succeed so it does what needs to be done. So, if you are searching for your bliss or your car keys, I believe that you will benefit from using the energy of the magic that surround you. May be spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment