My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, February 27, 2011

All That Slithers

Sometimes the wisdom of the writers of fairy tales is before me and I fail to understand it. When I do get the message I feel a big AHA! That happened today when I was thinking about some problems I had had yesterday in managing my moods. I thought of the way the blahs had just slithered up on me and suddenly I knew why the "evil" witches put eye of newt and toe of frog in their cauldrons. Their black magic spells are meant to catch their victims unaware, to just slither up on them. I guess I am a wiser magician than I was before. Every attitude, just like a coin, has a head and tails, or obverse and reverse. So I suggest that if you feel the blahs creeping up on you, or if you are feeling the need for the zing of some good magic do not despair...those creepy feeling are a warning that it is time to reach out and hook into the field of magic that surrounds you. Ask questions about what you want, what you need, and what you can do about it. Often just knowing your wants and needs will give you some energy to pursue them. Then mix in a dose of gratitude for what you already have and you may have your magic spell right in your hand. You have more power than you realize and when you start to use it, life improves. So, if you are suffering from a touch of irritation or hopelessness don't let it envelope you. Look at it as an evil spell from elsewhere that you have the magical power to combat. Be specific and get to the root of things then start to chip away at it. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment