My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Courage Is Magical

There are several things that help you get where you want to go. To name some: a good environment, good habits, persistence, creativity and courage. I believe the wise magician values courage the most of all of these. With courage you can move to or create a good environment. You can fight your own demons until you have developed good habits. Courage helps you persist until you see results. Everyone is born with creativity but without the courage to nurture and express it creativity can be stifled. So let's examine courage. Courage is fighting your fears, your phobias, your procrastinations, your excuses. It is refusing to buy into the stupidity of others. It takes courage to recognize that something seems overwhelming and then to approach it and break it down into manageable parts. Courage attracts luck and help from others. So don't hide your courage. Don't whine about your struggles, however. A good way to let them be known is by talking about them with a touch of humor. After I came out of the hospital recently people asked me how long I had been in. I told them I figured it was a year as I went in one age and came out another. Then I got a laugh when I mentioned I had spent my birthday there. Unlike the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz we don't have to travel to develop courage. We can decide to and in times of calm strengthen our determination to show courage. Then during the time we are being tested keep reminding ourselves that our actions matter and that we are making a difference. Never try to show courage when it would be stupid to do so. Don't challenge nasty dogs, stupid drivers or men with guns. For some people it takes more courage to tell someone they disagree with them than it takes others to speak in public. Your acts of courage are your own particular bit of magic. Reach out to the magic that surrounds you to see what you need to do. Then do it. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment