My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Magical Power of Passionate Commitment

Many people have made a commitment to a goal and not been able to achieve it. Simply saying, "I will." is seldom enough. Otherwise fewer marriages would fail. But when that "I will!" is shouted out to the rooftops because both will power and passion are working together the obstacles do not seem as big. Passion, deep, down to the bone passion is what truly drives commitment. If you want to develop passion for a goal you must be able to examine your self, your deepest values, and what you see as your life purpose. It is not blind rigidity that helps a person keep on keeping on. People can be amazingly rigid and stubborn. But, if the stubbornness is misplaced things just aren't going to work all that well. Self sabotage will happen. Or the project may be sabotaged by others, because the rigidity and stubbornness of the person going for the goal has not allowed them to be kind, considerate or realistic about the needs of others. But when a great passion exists for the purpose being chased, the whole universe wants to help. I get an e-newsletter that will often request I sign a petition to support someone's good cause. If I sense a deep caring about this cause I find myself drawn to it. Once you realize you are passionate about a goal you will not be so shaken when you find yourself having fears and worries about the goal. You may be frightened of the journey but, when you know it is right, you know the way will open up. It is a journey worth taking, even if you don't get all the way to the end. I suspect everyone has deep desires to bring about certain changes in the world. I suggest to all wise magicians that you let an awareness of these desires become known. As you discover your passions you will feel the magical power in going forth to express them. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment