My magic castle

My magic castle

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Magic of Ceremony

I am writing about ceremony because I am about to baptize the box my new scale came it.  No, I'm probably not clear 'round the bend'.  I just have a strong need to make changes in my life.  Such as getting a handle on my weight.  I was losing.  I quit weighing.  I gained 12 pounds in 8 months.  I was about to get back into frequent checking up on my weight and I dropped the scale and cracked it.  To really get the change back into my life I am doing several things to make that change part of my life.  I announced it on Facebook.  I bought a good scale.  I found a good place to keep it.  Now I am about to do a ceremony to help me accept fully and firmly that weighing myself is part of my life. If the wise magicians out there have a need for some habit or action that will improve you life I suggest you do some little ceremony about it.  Blow kisses, light a candle, bury something, set up a shrine. Do some action that will remind you that you have made, and are making, a change for the better in your life.  With all this public silliness or formality (what ever it should be called) I can hardly forget the change I need to make .  Other won't let me if I do.  So, if you need to do something different, I suggest you use the magic of ceremony to help you.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment