My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Magic of Finding the Familiar

Normally I wake up eagerly focused on some creative endeavor and want to get up and start working on it.  Today there was some anxiety mixed in with my drive to create.  I woke up thinking about my commitment to make some drastic changes in my life.  Change is hard.  Change is loss.  We lose the ways we know and must take up new things.  But my magical godmother self whispered to me : "There will be things you know".
While I was trying to figure this out I noticed that I was feeling calmer and more confidant.  Indeed, some of the changes I must make I actually have made before. Plus I know how to learn.  I know how to learn from other people.  What I don't know I will know.  I realized that I could cloak this learning and developing new habits in a feeling of familiarity.  Like a puppy sniffing at a stranger until he decides he has found a friend, I can move into this new aspect of my life with less fear than I was feeling.  I can shine the light of courage before me and make this path my own.  I have been in the habit of letting a still small voice whisper evil whispers of unworthiness and failure in my ear.  It was faint but I was hearing things like, "This is only for the big girls, you are too old, past your prime, don't dream so big."   Well guess what!  It is my path and I can walk it a step at a time.  As I go I will learn and make it a friendly path.  So, I suggest to all wise magicians, if you are worried about the big challenges life is throwing at you add a bit of magic to your tool box.   Life is a challenge, but, there will be things you know.  There will be comfort.  May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment