My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, August 30, 2010

Being In The Desert

I had been working hard and not making the breakthroughs I wanted. I was feeling tired and burned out. Kind of like I was wandering in a desert without an oasis anywhere in sight. I knew I had to dig down and find a well so I started to do that, working very hard at that also. Then I was distracted by a program on television about people going to Mexico to clean trash from beaches, trash that doesn't originate in Mexico. That really pulled me out of myself. It took me a few chuckles and some relaxation before I could come back to the realization that I am also trying to do good. I have a message that I clothe in fantasy and humor but I am trying to speak out against intolerance and discrimination. My desert was created by focusing on things I had to learn and not giving myself the space to learn them. Also I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to learn them, at least not as soon as I needed to. I suspect that many times magicians feel they have lost touch with their magic. It is called writer's block among other things. That is the time to step back and revisit your beliefs and to look at your history of development of abilities. Then go back to the desert and you may very well find trees and water there, that it has blossomed like a rose. Don't stay in the desert. Find water for your soul. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment