My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Magic Of Invitation

What interesting thing or person have you invited into your life lately? Which of your gifts have you invited people to appreciate? Which of your friends have you invited to appreciate their own giftedness a little more? Which ideas or understanding have you invited to come to you? To invite means to ask or to create a situation or condition in which something can take place. When I moved into my home in the winter of 2008 I saw some trees that offered good shade in the back yard but didn't know what kind all of them were. When my daughter moved in the next summer she started inviting my yard to express itself a little better, moving some plants, pruning trees, adding plants and making sure things were watered enough. In the spring of 2010 this particular tree flowered and I assumed it was a crab apple tree. But it turns out it is a real apple tree. I am waiting for the apples to ripen now and feeling grateful that my daughter invited it to become more full and fruitful. Hook into the energy that surrounds you and discover ways you can invite more adventure, blessings and gifts into your life. There are a variety of ways this can be done. Perhaps a friend or even a librarian (by nature they are great friends) can help you discover ways to invite goodness into your life. Think, ask, search, create conditions for, invite. Enjoy. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment