My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Gift Of 'Oh Well'

I was thinking of some of the life lessons I have gained and I had the thought that there are people I know or used to know who would not approve of some of my enlightened attitudes. For a moment I was tempted to tone down or deny said attitudes even though I knew them to be valid. The magic that surrounds me gave me a gift at that moment. My craven self sensed a big "Oh well" in the air and I again had the courage to be my better self. I was kind of excited to realize I don't have to bear the burden of other peoples judgments. I am not responsible for their narrow minded or mistaken ideas. I don't have to accept them nor do I have to worry about changing them. My ideas and my crusades are my own. I do care what other people think and feel. I am, after all, a social being. Also, as a writer, the life blood of my stories is people's feelings and attitudes which lead to their actions. But I also care about my own ideas and understandings. It has taken me years to gain some of them. Until that moment I received the gift of "Oh well" I may have been trying to clothe myself in labels more than I realized. But when I do that I deny myself the freedom to see the errors that are made even in the best of groups. Labels and slogans can be helpful but they can also interfere with thought. A magician values profound understanding. Let the magic that surrounds you encourage you to gain your own deep understanding of all that you turn to. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment