My magic castle

My magic castle

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Magic Of Mental Placement

I just recently became more conscious of the ways we can "get our head in a better place". It's really wonderful that we can actually learn to do that. I can put my shyness, or whatever it is, to one side and reach out to give my ideas and insights to others. We may have to develop a variety of strategies. One might be to imagine our self walking around obstacles and towards the attitudes we want. Or we might imagine a mentor by our side giving us the encouragement we need. When I got myself in a better place about reaching out I found I had given up my resentment towards "know-it-alls." I was more confident about what I knew so didn't have to resent those who didn't know but tried to pull the wool over other peoples eyes. In the world of commonsense and clarity, where I have now placed myself, the other inhabitants can tell when they are being offered hogwash, and can reject it. I don't need to do it for them. You can have a lot of fun deciding where to "place" your head. But doing that will help you change your moods and attitudes for the better and have them more under your control. You might take your "head" to a hammock on a beach in the South Pacific. Enjoy the sunset in serenity. Or you might go to a studio where everyone is being very productive and encouraging everyone else. Use the energy of the magic around you and think of places you'd like your "head" to be. Go there if you want. Let this freedom to choose spark good things for you. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment