My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Magic Of Self Trust

Being able to trust yourself is much more important than many people realize. If you don't trust yourself you will make promises to yourself that you have no intention of keeping and few if any of your dreams will ever come true. Self esteem is closely tied to self trust. To develop self trust you can start out small. Make a promise to yourself that you know you can keep, keep it and praise yourself for keeping it. This can be particularly hard if you are in the habit of telling others you will do something when you think they are pressuring you and you just want them to shut up. When this happens you don't really hear yourself on one level. But your inner self has heard you and when you don't do what you have said you will do, there is an erosion of self trust. So learn how to deal with what you perceive as pressure from others in better ways. Perhaps you can learn to say no, put their request on a list, ask them to help you figure out how to do what they ask or share the labor or tell them you aren't really listening because you are busy and they will have to ask later. I have areas of my life in which I know I can come through for myself impressively. In other areas I have discovered that I have been saying "I will" while thinking "I should, maybe I will tomorrow." These areas I now know really are 'shoulds'. I have begun the work of figuring out how I can make the needed changes, what promises I can make to myself. I suggest you look at your own life and thank yourself for promises kept. Grab onto the energy of the magic that surrounds you to find ways to keep the self promises you need to keep. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment