My magic castle

My magic castle

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Your Personal Spells

To achieve peace and tranquility is a wonderful thing. To be able to do it as needed is a great practical achievement. When you are at peace your mind will move to higher levels of development. I have even read that when you are in a state of tranquility the brain will form new synapses, thus becoming a more effective brain. Physical health comes from being calm as well. The stress induced problems with cortisol and blood pressure will ease. In addition tranquility feels good. Therefore, I suggest that the wise magician develop ways to easily go to a tranquil place in your mind, that mini-vacations become part of your bag of tricks. If you wonder how to do this I would suggest that the first step is to discover your personal send offs. Are you more likely to relax when you feel, hear or see certain things? Your mode of perception matters. I love scenery but I can't enjoy it if I am too hot or cold, or if I am hearing disagreeable sounds. Self knowledge comes first. Then establish rituals that are right for you. Candles around a bathtub are definitely not my thing but they work for many. My mother had a ritual of watching the sun go down from the back step that healed and energized her. I believe that putting my thoughts together for my blog is a ritual that brings me a sense of peace.
The point is to gather up a variety of ways you can bring peacefulness to yourself before you need them. Then let yourself feel a sense of satisfaction that you have done so. Turn a good fact into a good feeling. That also becomes part of your collection of personal resources. I have a special place I once went to on vacation, one little spot, that I can see in my imagination easily. This spot is reserved for a special purpose, to get inspiration. I have other rituals for solving creative problems and so on. Reach out to the magic that surrounds you and develop you own personal ways to gain tranquility. It will help to have those ways when they are needed. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment