My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Magic Of One More Step

There are many times when a little bit of extra effort will pay off in a big way. The address you were searching for and you went down that block one more time and suddenly it is there. The poem or song you were trying to memorize and you went over it a few more times and it was suddenly in your memory. My favorite bit of magic that happens from trying just a little harder, just a little longer is when I need an idea to solve a problem in something I are creating. I put the problem loosely in the back of my mind, telling my inner self to keep trying, and the idea comes forth when I are focused on something else. Another favorite result of hanging in there, for me, is when I am trying to solve a problem with someone else, and I refuse to lose my temper. I just show patience and suddenly the needed rapport is there. So if you think you are at the end of your rope, reach out for the magic that surrounds you and hang on just a bit more. If you don't let irritation or hopelessness get in the way you may find better results than you expected. At least you won't suffer from the negative emotions you are holding at bay for just a little bit longer. That's a a plus right there. You can take the energy of the negative emotions and channel them into that extra effort. Believing that things can work is a powerful tool of the expert magician. Learn to use it. Take one more step, it may take you where you were going. Or it may spark you in a better direction. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment