My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Magic Of The Fortune Cookie

Sometimes I have read an acclaimed self help book, sat through a long sermon, or even received advice from a well meaning friend and felt like I had no clue about what I had just heard or read. Then other times I have heard an adage or read a fortune cookie and had an epiphany, experienced a strong "aha moment". I think human understanding is organized along lines to help us take care of our self, to help us be our own magician using the wand when we need it. That which we let be a key to understanding, no matter how few words are used, is that which we see as helpful. It also has to be meaningful. Personal is meaningful. When we put our minds to interpreting and understanding something it does become meaningful. That's why omens and spells are part of the lore of magic. So I suggest this exercise (customized to fit your life): Cast about for areas of change you would like to make. Find words that describe the change. Play with those words to gain a better understanding of the change and find out how you react to the ideas they embody. When you feel a zing connected to a short phrase you have created you know you have hooked into the energy of magic. I need to improve my health by exercise. A mantra I might use (I'll have to try it out for a few days) is 'move to groove'. See if you can find something that works for you. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment