My magic castle

My magic castle

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Magic of Physical Placement And Position

I met my first husband because I marched past him in our college marching band. My first job came about because a woman who needed a worker knew I lived two blocks from her cafe and her car was out of order that day. There is a lot to be said about being in the right place at the right time. We can do a lot to make that happen. We can place ourselves in good company, in places where we will be noticed. My physical therapist daughter recently taught me some better positions to hold my body in so I could walk more smoothly. The way we position ourselves, in all meanings of that phrase, can bring success and blessings into our life. The way we hold our self as we walk into a room. The way the things around us frame us or clash with us can all influence some one's perception of us. It is more than just body language, it is also the setting of time and place in which we position ourselves. The credibility we have, our reputation can have some effect. But first think about the physical. Are you ready to stand up and be noticed? What would you like to be noticed for and who would you like to notice you? How do you feel about the way you stand and sit? Let the magic that surrounds you help you to think about this and make any adjustments you might need. Put yourself, literally, in a better place. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment