My magic castle

My magic castle

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Kindness Is Another Flower

Another flower, an important one, in the garden of catalyst is kindness. Kindness can change much. Sometimes it is as simple as putting a lilt into your voice when you report a good fact. If I score well on a test and I hear the score in a flat voice I don't feel as well about myself as I do when I hear it with a sense of 'well done' in the voice of the one reporting it. The person receiving kindness finds it almost impossible not to respond with a positive change in their mood or even their behavior. Help is sometimes thought of as kindness. Sometimes it is kind to help but consideration is the important component that must be in help actions. Many times people have tried to help individuals or even nations but been surprised when their actions were not well received. Kindness should not be done for the purpose of change. Just out of consideration. But change is ofter the result. So I suggest for the purposes of working magic for yourself in your own life you look for ways to be kind to yourself. Perhaps you have to resist the urgings of others by asserting your own needs. Perhaps you need to rearrange your schedule or purchase something. Let the spark of magic that surrounds you give you the energy to act. Be kind to yourself in a purposeful way. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment