My magic castle

My magic castle

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Magic Of Taking Stock

There are many ways to take stock. When we count our blessings we are taking stock in an enjoyable way. When we fill out our 'do list' we are taking stock in another way. I would like to suggest another way of focusing on our life to see if it is on the right track. Take time to stop and look for the magic. There are spots of fun and joy. There are little special touches you can add, like the way a chef will slice and fan a strawberry, or put a dash of nutmeg on a custard. Or perhaps you can note the word play you caught. Like a memory I have of handing my daughter, maybe 35 years ago, a mint at a restaurant. She asked how I knew she wanted it and I told her I was her Fairy Godmother. She replied that yes, she knew I was her Very Good Mother. Morning bird song. Roses that are pretty and have a good smell as well. It is important to stop and take stock, to see where you are. Check our where you need to place effort, what you have to be thankful for, and what abounds around you to make life a little more special, a little more livable, a little more magical. It is the joy and zing that will help you hold on to the gratitude as well as put out the effort to nurture relationships and accomplish tasks. Use that energy to keep yourself going. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment