My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Wild Things

Before I had driven a block this morning I saw a pair of red foxes. This is a city but there is room for wildlife evidently. They were just walking, perhaps hunting, but didn't act as if they were out of place. Later my daughter told me she sees foxes in this residential area often. Animals are like we are, they adapt to their environment, they make a home where they find it. I have known for years that I am happier when I am around growing things. Concrete jungles devoid of greenery are not for me. I've also discovered that I take delight in watching birds and squirrels in the city. In the wild I've always looked for more of course. But now my city has more than I knew. There is more to see, more to experience, more to enjoy. There are more possibilities for adventure than I realized. When we layer dimensions on our life of experience, understanding, comprehension we become more than we were. Those foxes gave a lot to my life. Later I saw the way a mother played with her child and that also enriched my life. Whatever, or whoever you let delight you enriches your life. That is part of the magic that surround you. Use it to bring yourself joy. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment