My magic castle

My magic castle

Monday, June 28, 2010

Practicing Your Magical Skills

Once I defined magic as 'the ability to change perception at will'. I think magic is one of those ideas that have to be defined over and over again. Also it is one of those ideas that has no meaning until two people agree on the meaning between themselves. I ask you, therefore, to consider this definition:'Magic is that which we use to give ourselves the most fulfilling life possible.' We develop skills to give ourselves this good life. One skill is how to deal with the way negative thoughts take away our life energy. Some people resist them, others choose something else, a positive thought or finding a way of changing the channels. Since you can't 'not' think about something it is a good idea to have purposeful focus. Let me explain. I am fat. No matter what I did mentally about slimming down I was plagued by fear and negativity. Then I changed my purpose. What I am now is a health seeker, a person interested in nutrition, a person seeking to add more movement to my life. That helped me make changes more easily and also helped my self esteem. I also got results and am becoming more healthy. Another skill I have is that I know how to watch out for the spice, the zing of things. This helps me share laughter with my friends as well as having other benefits. Think about the skills you have in the way you deal with life. Make a conscious effort to make sure you have many good skills for doing this. Life is what you make of it. Make something good. Use the energy of that magic that is around you to do so. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment