My magic castle

My magic castle

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Magic Of Keystones

As I was thinking the word 'keystone' I was picturing the unplugging of a bottle-neck. Those are supposedly opposite concepts but sometimes a concept has two sides to be fully developed. The bottle-neck is the narrow place that impedes the flow of liquid, traffic or ideas. The keystone is the last stone to go into place in an arch. The pressure of the other stones holds it in place and make the arch stand. It then can be used as a passageway. Both things seemed to happen for me yesterday. I had built on previous understandings enough that my edifice could take shape and blockages I had been fighting were finally out of the way. Some of what freed me up to be so productive was a total shift in perception about something. Sometimes it is a good thing to see something in a totally different way. For example, if a neighbor has a bad habit of character you can resent it or see that she would make a marvelous character in a story. So reach out for that energy spark to help you focus on things in a new way. You will not be blocked or bullied by life. You are the magician and once your mind is clear magic will be there to help you create. May the spark be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment