My magic castle

My magic castle

Friday, March 19, 2010

Laughter Is Magic

I meant to blog about conquering procrastination today. I figured out how to do it. But I didn't do it so it would be false to pass on that wisdom if I couldn't use it myself. But the guilt was alleviated a bit by seeing the humor in the situation. looking for the patterns that give us a laugh, at the irony in situations or at ourselves is a great cushion against stress and pain. For instance, I was feeling some angst when I realized I had let yesterday pass without getting busy on a particular piece or pieces of paperwork I had planned to handle. Then I looked out my 'happy door' the one with the window and a bit of a view. I saw snow drifting calmly down. I said, "I am one with the Universe. I am calm." I felt calm for a bit. Then my inner self thumped me on the head and said, "You may be one with the Universe, but you are thankful you don't have to do it outside where the action is. It's cold out there." So then I laughed. I once studied Shakespeare as an 'out student.'(you know like out-patient in the asylum college can be) I was on campus taking other courses but this one I took by correspondence and it was pretty intense, a lot of work and thought. But it was worth it. Especially when one unit, dealing with Shakespeare's great humor, pointed out how often we laugh as a way of being thankful we have escaped pain, 'there but for the grace of God, go I.' Laughter became a more valued part of my life from that time on. Let it be a spark of magic for you, to make your life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment